Interested in having me in to talk to your group about food, food culture or food history (or even communications, in general?) Contact me here or on Twitter.
Appearances, Events, & Guest Speaking
Some are food-related, others are communications-related, and others support the community.
- 04 October 2016: Food History Lecture (WWI & Waterloo County). Conrad Grebel College. Waterloo, Ontario
- 15 October 2016: Keynote (Rye & Ginger’s 1916 Project). Culinary Historians of Canada. Toronto, Ontario
- 12 October 2017: Private event. Brampton, Ontario
- 17 October 2017: Waterloo Reads: The Battle of the Books. Waterloo, Ontario
- 19 April 2018: Professional Development Event (Communications ethics and editing). Editors Canada – Hamilton Halton. Burlington, Ontario.
Media Interviews, features, and mentions
- 15 January 2007–Canadian Press: Food bloggers pay tribute to late author of `Schmecks’ cookbook
- 18 January 2007–Prince George Citizen: Bloggers pay tribute to famous cookbook author
- February 2007–Foodtv.ca: profile
- August 2008–Hearst’s Delish Top 50 Food Blogs
- Winter 2010–Taste Magazine: Meet the bloggers
- March 2010–Radio-Canada Magazine: Cardamome: une épice à tout faire
- September 2011–CanadianLiving.com: Our favourite food bloggers share their ingredient phobias
- July 2012–PBS.com: Julia Child Tribute
- 02 June 2015–Waterloo Region Record: Sweet sale may bring world record to region
- 06 September 2016–CBC-Radio Interview
- 06 September 2016–cbc.ca Food blog Rye & Ginger marks Kitchener’s past with recipes from 1916
- 23 September 2016–Waterloo Region Record: Kitchener blogger explores region’s culinary past
- 18 October 2017–cbc.ca: Ragged Company wins Waterloo Reads’ book battle